Saturday, October 25, 2008

{money}

i just wanted to make something very clear when i said that i don't value {money}....
i have a great respect for money.
it buys me coffee at starbucks every morning {and sometimes in the afternoon}, it puts a roof over the head of my family, feeds my family, and allows me to save for retirement
{if there is anything left after our economy stops tanking}......
what i really meant by that is that money doesn't make me happy, nor do i feel that money "buys" happiness.
i work in a field where people are judged by how much money they have and what they can do with their money. they are invited places, doors open, and people bow down to them....all because of money.
i am here to tell you that does not make people happy. i see it every single day.
that was what i meant by that, but if you know me.....you already knew that.

2 comments:

Susanne P. said...

i know that about you and knew exactly what you meant. =)

Missy said...

ditto.