Thursday, September 11, 2008

{never forget}



on {september 11, 2001} i was laying in bed waiting for the kids to wake up to go to school. it was the second week of 4th grade for zac and the second day of kindergarten for madison.

i received a phone call from john telling me that i needed to wake up and turn on the t.v. that is very unlike him to get worked up about anything and i immediately knew something was very wrong.

i watched t.v. until it was time to wake up the kids. it was hard to take them that day. i wanted to just wrap them up in my arms and keep them safe.

that is where i was on september 11th.....what about you?

3 comments:

Missy said...

had a hard time watching this video.........

Weeksie50 said...

I was at work. At a school on a base.. I remember everything about that day in vivid detail.

I will never forget.

Becky

Susanne P. said...

it is amazing to me how much our morning was the same. i was still in bed when berto came upstairs and woke me up telling me that the pentagon was on fire. he didn't usually wake me up.

i went downstairs and began watching the coverage with a sick feeling in my stomach.

i didn't want to wake up the kids for school. just to let them sleep and then have a quite day at home.

before they left for school, bailey was in 5th grade and cj was in 3rd, i sat them down and explained to them what had happened. i didn't "scare" them but wanted them to know what REALLY had happened so they didn't hear a bunch of bogus stories from kids that didn't know what they were talking about and end up scaring my kids to death.

i was glued to that tv for at least a week. i still get a sinking feeling if i sit and really think about it.