Sunday, August 3, 2008

{i can tell it's going to be a day}

it's sunday.
i have a love/hate relationship with sunday.
i love it because we usually don't have too much going on and i hate it because the next day is monday and i know i have to go back to work.
this sunday my sidekick madison left at 7:45 a.m. (much too early to be getting up on a sunday) to go to newport with her grammy for marine biology camp all week. she has really been looking forward to it. i think she was worried for about 2 seconds about making friends and then was over that as quickly as the thought entered her mind.
at about 10:00 i called missy and we decided to go do something today. both of her kids are gone. my hubby is at work, my daughter is at the coast, and zac was still in bed. so, i told her to get in the shower, i would run and get a coffee and we would decide which movie to see.

{notice sweet dog in picture before you continue reading story}
so, my poor neglected dog, maggie, never gets to go much of anywhere with us in the car. so.....i decide to take her with me to starbucks this morning. on the way home from starbucks she decides to poop all over my car and then step in it and run from the front to the back of the car while i am freaking out, balancing a coffee, trying to shift, grabbing starbucks napkins out of the glovebox to catch poop as it falls out of her butt.
now i remember why we don't take her out much. i am still recovering. gross. with a capital g.

this is going to be a really long week for me at work. probably just as well that madison is away. she wouldn't be seeing much of her mama. i will give you the run down just to get it out of my head. my life is way too busy. after reverse raffle......i am learning to say no.

  • tuesday stuffing bags for hoop jam
  • wednesday loading everything up for hoop jam and the golf tourney
  • thursday take everything out to country club for golf tourney and then hair appt.
  • friday golf tournament 6 a.m., hoop jam registration 2pm - 8pm, figure out how to set everything up for hoop jam in the middle of all that.
  • saturday and sunday - hoop jam
  • friday leave for idaho to be in sunny's wedding
  • sunday drive back from wedding
  • monday take madison school clothes shopping
  • rest of week - get ready for reverse raffle
  • monday - reverse raffle
  • tuesday - nervous break down

2 comments:

Missy said...

I too have the same love/hate relationship with sundays. I too got to experience the poo in the car since you forgot a terd and it was way too close to touching me. ewww. sign me up for the nervous breakdown........do you still wanna go see a movie???

Sunny said...

Oh my gosh! Maggie will stay home from here on out! I can't even believe that happened to you!