Saturday, July 5, 2008

{ikea crazy}

if you have never shopped at ikea on a weekend.....good for you.
it is not a wise idea. i always leave with a headache and feeling like crap-ola.
and....never take your cheap ass husband with you when you go either.
we bought 2 chandeliers (with 5 shades each), 5 lights for bedrooms and hallways, light bulbs for everything, a pack of napkins, and curtains for madison's room....
all for $185.....john says to me, "i'm a little shocked at how much we spent." now, you would think he meant "how cheap that is," but, no he really meant he thinks that $185 for all of that is expensive. i'm not even kidding.
madison snapped this picture of me unpacking the cart while john just stood there bewildered and overwhelmed at the whole experience.
after i unpacked the cart, i then had to go to the end and re-pack it because john didn't realize that the nice people at ikea aren't going to do it for you.
i need a nap and a prozac.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Oh my gosh! How hlarious was your day! I wish I could have been there with you so I could have kept you calm!

Missy said...

Yes, it's best to leave husbands at home. Next time it's you and me BFF.